1. Even though it will require a lot of effort and concentration from your end, you should not quit your day job till the point your income sources start giving you enough money to ensure that your regular expenses are covered. You should take up one income source at one time.
2. If you have a specific skill, which you think, can be useful for others and help you in earning, you should go for that as a new source of income. Yes, people, who know how to play good music or can dance well, easily make an impact with respect to the money earned, as they will do what they are passionate about, which will ensure others will get the best out of them.
3. Opt for learning new skills as well and go online, since there are a lot of online opportunities available, which you can make use of. E-business in the modern world is the way to go and can easily become your income source, if you will have the idea of the popular skills in demand.
4. If you have decided what you want to do, try to search for the market area online, where you would have the most demand in. It will take you paying visit to popular freelance sites, and you can easily identify the services, which are related to your expertise.
5. Marketing is the most important step for making your passion or skill an income source. You can easily market your product in your vicinity. However, for online customer marketing, it is important to plan your move well. If possible, you can hire independent freelancers as well.
6. Once you have started up with marketing, the next step is to built an online presence for your business, if you already do not have one. Having a blog and website complimented by social media accounts can work wonders for your online presence and your business will build a reputation in no time.
7. The next step is to build a considerble networking source. You should try to build up network with business owners and users of services similar to you. Sometimes, it is handy to have a network of people, from whom your business has no connection. It ensures that you will definitely be kept in mind, in case there is a requirement for a service, similar to what you are offering.
8. Do not fear from asking help from others. Remember, you are setting up and income source and it is a big deal in any world. Hence, you would need support from all areas possible. At the same time, you should not hold yourself back, in case there is no support available as well and keep marching on.
9. Apart from having active income sources, it is important to have passive ones as well, where you make an investment in stocks or mutual funds. This will ensure that even if you are not active all the time, you will be getting significant returns.